Emmakins

Pay It Forward

Playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl Series #1)

Playing with Fire  - Gena Showalter So I have this friend which i love to death, she's fun, quirky, sarcastic and knows exactly what to say at the right time to produce a laugh. This friend however comes with a condition: handle in small doses. Its the clause that never fails with us because the relationship doesnt get boring and i dont over-indulge in something that becomes tedious when spending each and every day together.So why am I telling you this? Because the first quarter of this book I actually liked the main character. Belle was a fresh face of confidence, attitude and sarcasm which I adored and jumped straight into. It wasnt until i was 2/3 of the way through, in which things took a turn for the worst. Belle became unbearable, like my loveable friend, she became faar too much to maintain a likeable status and i dint want to continue "hanging out" haha. It wasnt that the character changed, it was more or less the fact you eventually realised how immature, whiney and bitchy she really was. The plot, imo, was a wasted opportunity, because by the time something interesting was meant to happen, I just didnt care anymore. The premise is still good, but I would have loved to have seen it used to it's full potential.